Sunday, June 3, 2007

warm + sticky

Perfect for a dessert, but not so good for dogs and their humans. Blah. It's neither super-hot nor disgustingly close, but it's definitely taking the energy out of the day. I think it's time for the Mominator and me to take a nap before our afternoon run.

But it's now official: after not losing enough time in yesterday's final time-trial and not crashing in today's final stage, Danilo di Luca is the winner of this year's Giro d'Italia. Sadly, for me, I didn't pick him to win in my fantasy cycling league. (Hopefully neither did Dan or Mike.) In any case, he had a great spring, winning Liege-Bastogne-Liege, and now this. Brilliantly done.

Now our thoughts turn to the mini-tours that largely serve as tune-ups for the Tour de France: the Tour of Switzerland, the Dauphine Libere, and others.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

I hope you and Meg and Momo are well. Our term just ended and I am gradually rediscovering sleep and my own sense of humanity.